In a previous post, I talked about how you can be responsible for creating stress by making your boss your priority. In this post, we will discuss a TED Talk that is primarily focused on seeing stress from a different angle.
If we are asked "Are you comfortable in your life?", the obvious answer is "I live a stressed life", and we begin to feel a little bit unhappy about it. If you're a gardener or a librarian, this post is probably not targeted to you :)
- People who think that stress kills them have higher death rate probability than those who don't,
- it's the negative thought about stress that harms and may kill, not stress itself,
- Think about stress as a motivator. Having a dose of stress helps you achieve tasks in time. Otherwise, no real achievements would have been made.
- Oxitocin: aka the Stress hormone. activates in times of stress, and also when we hug our beloved people or participate in social activities,
- Stress should not be your enemy, as many health specialists think. It causes heart pumping and blood tension. So instead of thinking negatively about it, take the challenge and develop your courage muscle.
(photo source: Flickr)